Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
Axiom International and Agencia, the implementers of the UK Government funded ‘Strengthening the Justice System of Kosovo’ Project,are seeking to recruit a Language/Administrative Assistantwho would support the project’s operational delivery within Kosovo.
The successful candidate will be applying his/her expertise and experience to support both the project Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) working within Kosovo and the in-country Project Manager, in all areas of project delivery.
- To assist members of the project with all their daily tasks;
- To support the functioning of the project and the effective delivery of relevant project administration;
- To prioritise requests for appointments/meetings and maintain an appointment/meeting schedule for deploying SMEs, ensuring efficient time management;
- To receive, prepare, and disseminate documentation pertaining to the project in consultation with SMEs and or the Project Manager;
- To provide support and advice to SMEs relating to the Kosovo Legislative and Constitutional Framework;
- To provide support and advice to SMEs relating to the relevant Kosovo Institutions;
- To provide administrative/secretarial support to the project, to include the facilitation of in-country meetings, and accommodation arrangements.
- To oversee and undertake appropriate record keeping functions such as incoming and outgoing correspondence & document filing;
- To arrange official meetings, receive visitors and delegations, organise visitors’ programs, draft minutes and invitations, follow up activities, and all other activities that support the project delivery;
- To provide interpreting and translation services, into and from English upon request;
- To undertake any other reasonable work-related task, as requested.
Essential qualifications and experience
- University degree in law, or other related subject:
- An excellent command of spoken and written English language
- An excellent command of spoken and written Albanian language;
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience, in the fields of law, public administration, security and/or justice sector reform;
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access);
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations as a team member in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, and gender-sensitive environment;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Punctuality; commitment to quality; ability to perform under stress; attention to detail; solid work ethic and willingness to work flexible working hours;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Absolute discretion and an understanding of confidentiality;
- Ability to prioritise and manage a high workload;
- A valid driving licence and passport.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications;
- Postgraduate qualification (e.g. Masters) in law or public administration or similar;
- English language ability attested by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) classification system, at level B2 or above;
- Previous experience in an international environment on a bilateral or multilateral platform would be a significant advantage;
- A good working knowledge of spoken and written Serbian language is desirable for the purposes of arranging meetings and facilitating basic communications.
Interested candidates should send a CV, with a covering E-mail of a maximum of 500-words in English setting out how they meet the job criteria, as well as one letter of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 CET on 29/01/2019.
The recruitment will be based solely on knowledge and experience and will be conducted in an open and transparent manner. Only qualified candidates will be selected for interview. Interviews will take place at a location in Pristina to be arranged during February. The successful candidate would be expected to take up the position mid/late February.
Type of Position
Fixed Term, Full-time self-employed
Working hours per week
Monthly salary (£)
To be determined, dependant on level of experience.
Mid/Late February 2019
31/03/2019 with potential renewal, pending extension of the project.
Only applications completed and submitted before the closing of the deadline will be considered.
The essential qualifications and experience will be strictly adhered to. ONLY CANDIDATES ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE ALL ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED. IF YOU CANNOT DEMONSTRATE ALL ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE FURTHER CONSIDERED.