Axiom International and Aktis Strategy are implementing a capacity building programme in Somaliland on behalf of the UK Government. Ultimately the objective is to increase stability and security in Somaliland and the region.
Programme delivery involves the deployment of consultants to deliver training courses, workshops and mentoring. The Justice Capacity Development Consultant will be concerned with supporting the activities in line with maintaining capability of current prosecutor and judge cadres, improving judgement writing in the Supreme Court and supporting the implementation of legislation.
Key responsibilities of the Justice Capacity Development Consultant include:
- Preparing training or mentoring material including ensuring contextual and cultural relevance;
- Translating training or mentoring material;
- Organising training or workshops including venue, food, equipment provisions
- Gathering feedback from trainers and trainees after each session
- Researching and recommending new training methods
- Supporting the operations team with logistics for training courses
- Facilitating meetings with key stakeholders including scheduling, interpreting and drafting meeting notes
- Facilitating discussion throughout training and workshops including application of skills and principles to operational environment
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation of training course including attendance, observation of engagement, understanding contribution to discussions in Somali etc.
- Carrying out other related tasks as directed by programme management
- Working closely with the Head of Training of the Supreme Court
The successful candidate is required to be fluent in English and Somali, have strong written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience and knowledge of legal training systems and terminology is strongly preferred.
The Justice Capacity Development Consultant will report to the Justice Capacity Development Lead, Nicole Talbot, as well as the Programme Manager, Alasdair Shott.
The Justice Capacity Development Consultant will be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland